Today is Monday. I came home a little later than usual 6:30pm. It is cold outside with rain and wind… What will be a perfect dinner for day like this… oh and has to be quick, because my husband is still hungry… 🙂
So here is what I made for tonight’s dinner…
1. Chopped Celery (3 ~ 4 sticks)
2. 1/4 Medium Size Finley Chopped Onion
3. Half bag of the Grilled Chicken Strips by COSTCO (Great Time Saver and taste great!!)
4. 1/2 Cup of Mayo
5. 1 tsp of Salt
6. 1 tsp of While Pepper
7. 2 Slices of Pepper Jack Cheese by Sargento
8. 2 Slices of Honey Wheat Bread by Great Harvest Bread Company
Instruction for 2 Sandwich
1. Chop Celery finley
2. Chop Onion finley
3. Chop Grilled Chicken Roughly
4. Mix 1, 2, and 3 in a bowl with Mayo, Salt, and White Pepper
5. Put mixture of 4 on the Honey Wheat Bread slice, and put a slice of cheese a top of the mixture
6. Put 5 in a toaster and toast until the cheese will melt and cover the Chicken Salad on the slice of bread
Let me tell you, COSTCO Grilled Chicken Strip is such a time saver. Especially like today, I certainly do not want to start chopping a piece of raw chicken on the cutting board after 6:30pm… I usually have this Grilled Chicken in my fridge and freezer as the back up plan for my dinner.
Zach likes Sargento’s Pepper Jack Cheese. It is spicy and tangy at the same time. I have to say, the Pepper Jack Cheese was not the perfect cheese for my Chicken Salad Sandwich. I’ll try Swiss or Provolone on my Chicken Salad Sandwich next time.
I will highly recommend to go get your bread at Great Harvest Bread Company. This is a franchise bread company through out the Nation. There is one store few blocks from our house. Every two weeks, we go there to get Wheat Bread and other treats! This time, we tried their Honey Wheat Bread and it is hardy and delicious! I enjoy the texture of their bread and much lower calories.
I don’t have a final sandwich picture because we both ate them right away and forgot to take a picture…
I need to train myself to take a picture of food before eating from now on…
Happy Monday Everyone!