Ahhhh, slow cooker! What a genius dinner helper for a busy working wife. Zach’s Mom gave us her slow cooker about 3 years ago, I like this slow cooker, it is a perfect size for two 🙂
I like to use slow cooker once in a while usually winter time. So I can make roast, stew, and casserole… and more and more. I like the fact when I come home from work, the whole kitchen is filled with wonderful smell of the food in the slow cooker. What a joy!
Recently, Zach requested “Pork Coke Roast”, which I have not made for a LONG LONG time. This has a very interesting ingredients…. “Coke (Coca-Cola)” I like Coca-Cola but you can use Pepsi if you like. I think Coca-Cola is less sweet that it is better for this recipe… (just my opinion)
Anyways, I want to introduce this wonderful Slow Cooker recipe “Pork Coke Roast”!!
1. 2.5 – 3.0 pound Pork Roast
2. 20 FL OZ (About 600 ml) Coca-Cola (Coke)
3. 10 FL OZ About (300 ml) Soy Sauce
4. 1 Large Yellow Onion Cut in 1/8
5. Several Fingerling Potato (You can use any 2 large potato cut 1 inch cube)
6. 2 tsp Salt (I use Sea Salt)
7. 1 ~ 2 Tbs Ginger Powdered
8. 1 ~ 2 Tbs Garlic Powder
9. 4 Boiled Eggs
1. Rub Pork Roast with Salt, Garlic Power and Ginger Powder.
2. Place Rubbed Pork Roast in the Slow Cooker.
3. Add Onion and Potato to the Slow Cooker.
4. In a bowl (I used the measurement cup), add Coca-Cola and Soy Sauce.
5. Pour this Coke Soy mixture to the Slow Cooker.
You’ll see the carbonation bubbled up on the surface of the Slow Cooker. This is going to help the meat tenderized.
6. The Slow Cooker is covered with a piece of plastic wrap and into the fridge for over night!
7. Next morning, set this Pork Soy Coke Veggie mixture to the Slow Cooker High for 6 hours, and add the boiled egg in last 2 hours.
So here is the Onions, Potato, and Boiled Egg look like after 8 hours…
So here is the Pork Roasted in the Coca-Cola and Soy mixture after 8 hours…
Here is the arrange, which was tonight’s dinner, Coke Pork Roast Bowl…
This dinner reminds me HOME… made me home sick GOOD!!!
Try it, you’ll be surprised what Coca-Cola can do for your next great dinner.
Left over can be used for sandwich, stir fry, and soup… you name it!!!
Happy Eating 🙂
7 responses to “Pork Coke Roast in the Slow Cooker”
Looks wonderful, Haruka! So glad you are getting yummy use out of the crock pot.
I am actually trying it today 🙂 We dont have a slow cooker, so I will have to slow cook in a big pot. Little scared about awesome amount of sugar and salt 😛 All in all, I am excited to try it! Thanks for the exciting recipe.
will be making it today H, I’ll let you and Zach know how it turns out!
This looks so delicious. I’m prepping it now for dinner tomorrow. Please tell me, what else do we see in your arranged serving bowl?
Thank you Marie!
I put some Japanese steamed rice on the bottom and shredded pork coke roast, boiled egg, and some scallions as garnish 🙂
Oh and make sure you drizzle some of pork coke roast juice on top of this bowl 🙂
Yippee! The family loved it! A 22 month old, a 3.5 year old, a 6.5 year old, and one husband all asked for seconds! Thank you so much! It is always fun to find something so unlike anything else we’ve ever made. 🙂
This is great!
Thank you very much for posting your awesome comment 🙂