So if you read my previous post, you know I still had this giant baby spinach leaf bag from COSTCO. So I checked my fridge again too see what else I can make with Spinach…
I found my favorite COSTCO pre-grilled Chicken, Milk & Heavy Cream, Linguine Pasta, shredded Pecorino Romano cheese from the brunch, a bag of salad, English Cucumber, Red Onion, Cherry Tomato, a bag of Tuna, OJ… The ingredients are almost identical to the brunch Frittata… but I decided to cook “Creamy Spinach & Chicken Alfredo Sauce with Linguine Pasta and the garden salad with Tuna dressing”
Creamy Spinach & Chicken Alfredo
1. 2 Large Eggs
2. 1 Cup Milk (Any kind of Milk but Soy…)
3. 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
4. 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
5. COSTCO Pre-Grilled Chicken 1/2 Bag Diced
6. 4 Cups of Baby Leaf Spinach Chopped
7. 1 Cup Shredded Pecorino Romano Cheese
8. 1 Tsp White Pepper (The color of sauce is white so prefer White Pepper for this Recipe)
9 A box of Linguine
10. 2 ~ 3 Tbs Olive Oil
1. A bag of lettuce (Any kind)
2. 1/2 English Cucumber Julienned
3. 8 ~ 10 Cherry Tomato Quartered
4. For the dressing, 1/4 finely chopped red onion
5. 2 Tbs of Tuna
6. 2 ~ 3 Tbs of OJ
7. 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil (extra virgin)
8. 1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
9. Salt & Pepper to taste
Creamy Spinach & Chicken Alfredo Sauce
1. Cook a box of Linguine per the instruction on the box and set a side. (Al Dente please!)
2. In the medium size pot with the high heat, add about 3 Tbs of Olive Oil, chopped Garlic and sauteed together till Garlic will become fragrant.
3. Add chopped Spinach and diced pre-grilled Chicken to the pot and sauteed together till Spinach become 1/2 of the volume.
4. Meanwhile, in the medium size bowl, add 2 large Eggs, Milk, Heavy Cream, shredded Pecorino Romano cheese, White Pepper and whisk together well and set aside.
5. Lower the stove temp to medium-low, and pour the Egg Cream mixture to the sauteed Spinach and Chicken. Mix well till the egg cream mixture will become the consistency of “Sauce (Coat the spoon)”
6. Add cooked Linguine to the Creamy Spinach Chicken Alfredo sauce and mix well together.
Easy Garden Salad
1. Mix diced Red Onion, Tuna, OJ, Balsamic Vinegar, Salt & Pepper in the small bowl. Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil to this mixture and mix well. There we go, easy dressing!
2. Set the bag of lettuce to the salad bowl, place julienned English Cucumber and Quartered Cherry Tomato on top of the lettuce. Easy Garden Salad!
This Creamy Alfredo Linguine was very rich but tasty dish. You need to do some running after the meal though. Calorie is no joke. But the side Garden Salad makes me feel a little better (You know the vegetables make you feel eating well)
Our desert was a bowl of Ice Cream… No wonder we won’t lose weight lately…