This is a recipe from one of my dearest friends Mrs. A. First time I had this dish at her house, my mind was blown away! The salty taco seasoning, shredded chicken, and creamy and cheesy sauce… Mrs. A was nice enough to share her recipe. I twisted her recipe just a little but not much. This is definitely easy to make but feeds lots of hungry people!! Hope you enjoy reading, cooking, and eating!!
1. 3 medium Tortillas
2. 2 cans Cream of Chicken (Reduce Fat because we could not find the regular one at the store)
3. 1/2 pint Sour Cream
4. 1 can Rotel HOT (We like EXTRA HOT)
5. 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6. 1 Rotisserie Chicken Shredded (Store Bought, and hungry Zach shredding!! Thank you honey!!)
7. 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
8. 2 Tbs Dried Cilantro (Fresh maybe better but we just had dried at home…)
9. 3 Tbs Taco Seasoning (Original)
1. Heat the over 375F. Grease 9×13 Casserole Dish.
2. Combine 2 cans Cream of Chicken, 1/2 pint Sour Cream, 1 Can Rotel, Cayenne Pepper, Taco Seasonings, and Dried Cilantro and mix well. (If your mixture looks heavy then you can add up to 1/2 Chicken Broth… I skipped Chicken Broth this time)
2. Start Layer the Ingredients.
a. 1st Layer: 1/2 Shredded Chicken
b. 2nd Layer: 1/2 Soup Mixture
c. 3rd Layer: Shredded Tortillas
d. 4th Layer: 1/2 of Shredded Cheese
e. Mix 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese to the Soup Mixture
f. 5th Layer: Rest of Shredded Chicken
g. 6th Layer: Shredded Tortillas
h. Rest of Soup & Cheese Mixture (e)
i. Sprinkle 1/4 of Shredded Cheese
3. Now into the oven for 40 minutes!
Here is the Mexican Casserole!!
You can eat this casserole with Tortilla chips or as it is!! Thank you Mrs. A!! 🙂