This is a recipe from one of my dearest friends Mrs. A. First time I had this dish at her house, my mind was blown away! The salty taco seasoning, shredded chicken, and creamy and cheesy sauce… Mrs. A was nice enough to share her recipe. I twisted her recipe just a little but not much. This is definitely easy to make but feeds lots of hungry people!! Hope you enjoy reading, cooking, and eating!!
1. 3 medium Tortillas
2. 2 cans Cream of Chicken (Reduce Fat because we could not find the regular one at the store)
3. 1/2 pint Sour Cream
4. 1 can Rotel HOT (We like EXTRA HOT)
5. 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6. 1 Rotisserie Chicken Shredded (Store Bought, and hungry Zach shredding!! Thank you honey!!)
7. 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
8. 2 Tbs Dried Cilantro (Fresh maybe better but we just had dried at home…)
9. 3 Tbs Taco Seasoning (Original)
1. Heat the over 375F. Grease 9×13 Casserole Dish.
2. Combine 2 cans Cream of Chicken, 1/2 pint Sour Cream, 1 Can Rotel, Cayenne Pepper, Taco Seasonings, and Dried Cilantro and mix well. (If your mixture looks heavy then you can add up to 1/2 Chicken Broth… I skipped Chicken Broth this time)
2. Start Layer the Ingredients.
a. 1st Layer: 1/2 Shredded Chicken
b. 2nd Layer: 1/2 Soup Mixture
c. 3rd Layer: Shredded Tortillas
d. 4th Layer: 1/2 of Shredded Cheese
e. Mix 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese to the Soup Mixture
f. 5th Layer: Rest of Shredded Chicken
g. 6th Layer: Shredded Tortillas
h. Rest of Soup & Cheese Mixture (e)
i. Sprinkle 1/4 of Shredded Cheese
3. Now into the oven for 40 minutes!
You can eat this casserole with Tortilla chips or as it is!! Thank you Mrs. A!! 🙂