Tonight, I am testing my new Recipe “H’s Beef Stew”.
Why “H”? Well, because it’s my Recipe. There is many tweaking I did from my usual Beef Stew. Hope that this will work…
1. 2 Tsp Olive Oil (extra virgin for me)
2. 13 ~ 15 Minced Garlic (Yes, this is a MUST)
3. 2lb Beef Stew Beef (Got it from COSTCO, pre-cut for about 2-inch cube)
4. 1 Tsp Slat & Pepper (Prefer freshly ground black pepper)
5. About 1 Cup of Port Wine
6. About 2 Cups of Chopped Carrot (2 Medium Carrot)
7. About 1 Cups of Chopped Celery
8. About 1 1/2 Cups of Chopped Onion (1.5 Medium Onion)
9. 1/2 Beef Broth/Stock (Store bought, if you prefer, use less sodium)
10. 1 Tbs Tomato Paste (I like the one in the tube)
11. 1 Tbs Worcester Sauce
12. 1 tsp Dry Rose Mary
13. 1 tsp Dry Thyme
14. 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced Tomatos
15. 2 Dry Bay Leaf
16. 4 Cups of Uncooked Egg Noodle (If you like other starch, change this to rice, pasta, or etc)
1. Preheat the Oven to 300F
2. Heat oil (low heat) in a medium size Dutch Oven (I used Le Creuset Dutch Oven)
3. Add Minced Garlic, cook until garlic is fregrant. Remove garlic from the Dutch Oven, and set a side.
4. Heat the Dutch Oven to Medium Heat, add beef to the pan with salt & pepper. Cook about 5 ~ 7 minuets, browning well on every side of the meat. After that, remove the meat from the pan.
5. Add Carrots, Celery, and Onion to the pan, cook about 5 minuets, and remove from the pan.
6. Add wine to the pan to loosen brown bits by scraping with the wooden spoon. Add garlic, beef, and vegetables (Carrots, Celery, and Onion) back to the pan, and add 1 Tbs of Tomato Paste, 1 Tbs Worcester Sauce, 1 tsp of Dry Rosemary, 1 tsp of Dry Thyme, 1 can dices Tomato, and mix all ingredients well. Add 2 Dry Bay Leaf.
7. Cover the dutch oven and bake at 300F for 2 & 1/2 hours or until beef becomes tender.
8. Before serving, make sure to discard the Bay Leaf.
9. Serve over the Cooked Egg Noodle. (Or whatever the starch you like)